• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

3 hours ago, TicTac said:

I was at Lee Valley (an unreal store which could warrant its own thread!) looking for items for my seed starting venture this season and was talking to the folks about tomato supports.  They have this metal post that kind of 'swirls', meant to make it easier to tie onto.  I suggested my metal re-bar with its textured pole would be more than sufficient and half the price.

Guess I am going back to 1 post per plant method!

If you go to http://www.tomatoville.com and search "support, "trellis" or "Florida weave" you'll find a gazillion different ideas.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

3 hours ago, TicTac said:

I was at Lee Valley (an unreal store which could warrant its own thread!) looking for items for my seed starting venture this season and was talking to the folks about tomato supports.  They have this metal post that kind of 'swirls', meant to make it easier to tie onto.  I suggested my metal re-bar with its textured pole would be more than sufficient and half the price.

Guess I am going back to 1 post per plant method!

If you go to tomatoville.com and search "support, "trellis" or "Florida weave" you'll find a gazillion different ideas.