• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

3 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Last spring I dropped and broke Rosemary's pot on the dining room floor while I was carrying her outside.  I still have salt preserved sage from last year so I didn't try to bring my sage bush in.  I confess to looking at an oregano plant at the store earlier this week.

The first few times I brought Rosemary into the house, I would under water it and have to replace it anyway, but I water it much more liberally now and it is several years old. I used to leave the sage outside and would have to replace it every few years. It doesn't do as well in the house as Rosemary. By spring, the leaves will be tiny, but once it goes outside it bounces back pretty well. Deb is partial to roasted garlic, mashed potatoes with rosemary butter, and pasta with sage butter. I keep Rosemary behind my chair at the table. It has gotten so big, it fills the air with that aroma, that I love!

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Last spring I dropped and broke Rosemary's pot on the dining room floor while I was carrying her outside.  I still have salt preserved sage from last year so I didn't try to bring my sage bush in.  I confess to looking at an oregano plant at the store earlier this week.

The first few times I brought Rosemary into the house, I would under water it and have to replace it anyway, but I water it much more liberally now and it is several years old. I used to leave the sage outside and would have to replace it every few years. It doesn't do as well in the house as Rosemary. By spring, the leaves will be tiny, but once it goes outside it bounces back pretty well. Deb is partial to roasted garlic, mashed potatoes with rosemary butter, and pasta with sage butter. I keep Rosemary behind my chair at the table. It has gotten so big, it fills the air with that aroma, that I love!

HC

HC