• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 minutes ago, Anna N said:

@liuzhou

Would love to try that beef tongue. Every day offal seems to get more awful for those of us in North America. xD I am guessing if you are near ethnic areas or even "real" butchers it might be available but rarely in a regular supermarket. Even liver now makes only a very rare appearance. 

That is sad. I am lucky to live in a culture that prizes all sorts of offal. Bits I didn't even know existed or were edible.

The tongue is from my local supermarket. Nothing special.

But I love tongue, liver, and especially kidneys.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Just now, Anna N said:

@liuzhou

Would love to try that beef tongue. Every day offal seems to get more awful for those of us in North America. xD I am guessing if you are near ethnic areas or even "real" butchers it might be available but rarely in a regular supermarket. Even liver now makes only a very rare appearance. 

That is sad. I am lucky to live in a culture that prizes all sorts of offal. Bits I didn't even know existed or were edible.

But I love tongue, liver, and especially kidneys.