• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anova Precision Oven: Features, Accessories, Troubleshooting, and "Should I Buy One?"

FauxPas

• 1 month later...

I know its a bit premature to discuss the incoming  ( 2018 )

suprise.gif.1ac8abf4229ac93721756649f3e643ad.gif

steam oven 

https://anovaculinary.com/introducing-the-anova-precision-oven/

from the Tovala thread i decided to email Anova and got this reply on to whether the Anova oven would fit a 1/4 sheet pan :

Thank you for your email. 
While we're not quite ready to release final specs, we can assure you that you'll be able to fit everything from a plate of veggies to a good-sized roast or chicken. Be sure to sign up for updates, so we can send over more details!

Regards,

Jocelyn Damian
Anova Culinary
www.anovaculinary.com

maybe they don't actually don't know the final inner dimensions 

or just don't what to reply 

" no it won't "

:(

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I sent another email to Anova re Steam Oven

i got this reply this AM :

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, it's been pushed back but we haven't given up on it. :)
We're still a few months away from releasing the precision oven and there's still no information that I can share. 
Apologies for the long wait. We'll let you know as soon as we have more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Jocelyn Damian
Anova Culinary
www.anovaculinary.com

so maybe ?

• Like 4

First announced, October 20, 2016.

If it ever does come to fruition—it better be REAL good!

Just a few months away, but NO specs, no anything!

Uh-huh!

• Like 2

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

2 hours ago, rotuts said:

well , they at least answers their e-mail.

a start .

Yeah, that certainly is a 'thing."

Unfortunately, many products/services don't make it past the announcement and email promises.

We'll see!!!

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

• 4 months later...

Anova sent a promotional email:  "By popular demand..."  Considering today's date I was expecting the oven, but the new product turned out to be sous vide cologne.

Has anyone heard new rumors of the vapor oven?

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Nope

why not email them and report ?

I did that some time ago

and got ..........................

they know me now

but

@JoNorvelleWalker  ??

wouldn't that look good next to your 

Grill-ey - thing-ey ?

promise you

you get Anova to make this

Ill buy one ( on sale , of course )

and get a Grill-ey - Thing-ey    ( also on sale , or an attractive price , for Fish )

@rotuts I emailed them a while back.  They assured me it was still coming.  Projects like this take time.  I read that it took India two years to develop the technology to shoot down a satellite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You know, an Anova Precision Oven would have to go some to beat my CSO. Doggone, but I love that thing. Use it almost daily.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

ID use both if ;'

the Anova was as durable

Similar cost

a little larger :  a bit wider , a bit taller for bread

based on their  ' buyout '

which they deserve ,  not anytime soon or a lot longer will it come out.

• 5 months later...

I was coming on to post the news.  That's what I get for sleeping in on my day off.

The design looks new.  Not much at all like the previous prototype shown at CES.  It now has a water tank on the side.  It was interesting to read that development had stopped on the oven once Electrolux took over.

Details will come out sooner or later.  Pretty sure price won't be $199.

• Like 1

Of course . its size.

Im sure they have finalized it

but not for us.

its durability   Im hopeful

and then the non-sense about WiFi

and a subscription 

but Im hopeful .   a little wider and deeper , not too much

but taller too for Bread.

this I think they will miss 

why ?

they have centered on the " Foot Print "

buit stll hopefull

• Like 2

Oh geez, they had to say this on their website:

Scott is incredibly knowledgeable and he’ll be dropping his knowledge on you through a series of educational posts on steam. (Think Neil deGrasse Tyson meets Alton Brown).

Also, it doesn't really look like this can replace all the functions of the CSO - for instance, I don't see it as a toaster.

• Thanks 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

There were a couple other threads here on the previous (stalled) release of the oven.  I was really looking forward to the Anova oven a few years ago when it was first announced, but since then, my list of desired features has grown.  I'd like a counter top appliance to be able to: toast, convection bake, microwave, steam bake, and air fry.  The air fry function is the new addition to my wish list that wasn't there a few years ago.  The searing plate feature that was listed when the oven was originally announced a few years back might come in handy.  French doors on the front of the oven would be nice too - I saw it on an oven at Costco and it seemed like a clever configuration.  I guess I'll just have to wait for another company to make my dream device, as I don't see Anova including a microwave function.  I think air frying is a very real possibility though.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fledflew said:

There were a couple other threads here on the previous (stalled) release of the oven.  I was really looking forward to the Anova oven a few years ago when it was first announced, but since then, my list of desired features has grown.  I'd like a counter top appliance to be able to: toast, convection bake, microwave, steam bake, and air fry.  The air fry function is the new addition to my wish list that wasn't there a few years ago.  The searing plate feature that was listed when the oven was originally announced a few years back might come in handy.  French doors on the front of the oven would be nice too - I saw it on an oven at Costco and it seemed like a clever configuration.  I guess I'll just have to wait for another company to make my dream device, as I don't see Anova including a microwave function.  I think air frying is a very real possibility though.  

With regard to the searing plate function:  in my CSO I use a half inch stainless steel plate.

• Like 3