• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anova Precision Oven: Features, Accessories, Troubleshooting, and "Should I Buy One?"

FauxPas

6 minutes ago, Keri AH said:

How likely is it that the APO will eventually be sold at outlets such as Best Buy (or Home Depot ... or even Costco)? At this time, the Anova site shows additional shipping charges for Alaska & Hawaii.

This page lists Anova's current retail partners which might give you a hint as to outlets they may choose for the oven.   Best Buy is on the list.  HD and Costco are not listed at this time.

20 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

This page lists Anova's current retail partners which might give you a hint as to outlets they may choose for the oven.   Best Buy is on the list.  HD and Costco are not listed at this time.

Oh, excellent! Several of those (including Amazon Prime) work for Hawaii (assuming the retailer opts to carry the APO, eventually). Thank you!!

5 hours ago, rotuts said:

isn't that the previously reported Ht. ? 

the other measurement , ie internal footprint or pan-print ;

16.9 x 12.4      ?

https://forums.egullet.org/topic/153870-anova-precision-oven/?do=findComment&comment=2261468

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

On 9/22/2020 at 8:12 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

The anova website is now saying the interior height of the oven is 10 inches.

I really hope the 12.4" turns out to be the depth. A 10" depth kills off all the 12" round pans (cake, pizza, etc.) which sounds like a bad idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keri AH said:

I really hope the 12.4" turns out to be the depth. A 10" depth kills off all the 12" round pans (cake, pizza, etc.) which sounds like a bad idea.

Let's hold out for 12.4 inch height and 12.4 inch depth.

• Like 1

They explicitly spell it out on the website. The interior dimensions are 16.9 inches wide (429mm) x 12.4 inches deep (315mm) x 10 inches high (254mm).

https://anovaculinary.com/anova-precision-oven/

(the dimensions have been mentioned before, just pointing out they specifically say WxDxH)

Edited by jimb0 (log)
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, jimb0 said:

They explicitly spell it out on the website. The interior dimensions are 16.9 inches wide (429mm) x 12.4 inches deep (315mm) x 10 inches high (254mm).

https://anovaculinary.com/anova-precision-oven/

(the dimensions have been mentioned before, just pointing out they specifically say WxDxH)

They do now.  They didn't a couple days ago.  And the information contradicts what the anova customer service rep told me.  However I suspect 10 inches is the height.

1 hour ago, Robin G said:

I also noticed that change to add WxDxH. I am losing confidence in the answers given by customer service.

I suspect the customer service rep working out of a closet at home did not have a ruler to go measure.

• Haha 2

Anyone else notice on the Canadian site they switched batch 1 shipping date to October 9th? I noticed a count down before to get the oven shipped by September 28th (only 15% of units left)... but now it just gives 1 date for batch one... no email communication since the initial order...

Sizzle and Sear

Owner/Editor

https://www.sizzleandsear.com/

Just spoke on chat:
Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing delays for Anova Precision Oven. ☹️ We are expecting ovens to arrive on warehouse between October 4 to 6. That’s why orders will begin shipping by October 9.”

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Sizzle and Sear

Owner/Editor

Overall I left feedback that communication has been poor. Starting with the perforated pan that’s featured in their main videos that apparently you have to pay extra for. Now changing the shipping date without emailing customers. I understand delays happen but communication is important. They charged my credit card the day I made the preorder (not upon shipping) so I do expect to be kept in the loop.... maybe I’m expecting too much?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sizzle and Sear

Owner/Editor

20 minutes ago, CanadianHomeChef said:

I noticed a count down before to get the oven shipped by September 28th (only 15% of units left)... but now it just gives 1 date for batch one... no email communication since the initial order...

This 15% label was also formerly on the USA batch 2 button, and has also been removed. However, the dates have not changed - Sept 28 for batch 1 and Oct 12 for batch 2.

8 minutes ago, Robin G said:

This 15% label was also formerly on the USA batch 2 button, and has also been removed. However, the dates have not changed - Sept 28 for batch 1 and Oct 12 for batch 2.

Yeah. It looks like only the Canadian shipment has been delayed. No email communication though.

I wonder if they redirected the initial Canadian shipment to American warehouses to fulfill USA demand that they advertised a September 28th shipment date to? Wouldn’t surprise me........ doesn’t make it right though. A simple email would have been enough though... I don’t like being left in the dark.

Edited by CanadianHomeChef (log)

Sizzle and Sear

Owner/Editor

For those of us fortune enough to be getting it hopefully this week (or those poor folks in Canada who will be getting it in a few weeks), what are some tests and things others want to see from us guinea pigs? Any cooking tests? Any measurement verification? (I can confirm the website originally had the depth and height backwards) Anything else? Let's get a set of trials going and see if we can use this to its fullest.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JasonsCookingAdventures said:

For those of us fortune enough to be getting it hopefully this week (or those poor folks in Canada who will be getting it in a few weeks), what are some tests and things others want to see from us guinea pigs? Any cooking tests? Any measurement verification? (I can confirm the website originally had the depth and height backwards) Anything else? Let's get a set of trials going and see if we can use this to its fullest.

Love this offer.

Temp checks for sure.

There will be those interested in toast quality as well.

• Like 3

On 9/17/2020 at 4:15 PM, KennethT said:

After using the CSO for a while, I have determined that, for our needs, we definitely do not need a microwave and have no intention of getting one.  

I've managed to make it this far with never having a microwave.

17 hours ago, CanadianHomeChef said:

Overall I left feedback that communication has been poor. Starting with the perforated pan that’s featured in their main videos that apparently you have to pay extra for. Now changing the shipping date without emailing customers. I understand delays happen but communication is important. They charged my credit card the day I made the preorder (not upon shipping) so I do expect to be kept in the loop.... maybe I’m expecting too much?

They needed your money to pay customer service.

• Haha 2

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?