• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

Clarity

I have written to Anova to find out what they think/want-to-do about the incompatibility of the probe and the pan on the top rack of the oven. Will let you know. (The perforated pan does not look like it would work any better than the upgraded pan, and, now that I have the items below, I'm unlikely to purchase).

Here is my APO set up to dry strawberries. See Dehydrating foodstuffs with the Anova Precision Oven.

IMG_3656_croppedSm.thumb.jpg.c5d454b6d2d804366b1d72b45cab5307.jpg

These items were recommendations from @palo and @JoNorvelleWalker.

The rack is from Hamilton Housewares (12" x 17") (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

Silpat Silpain Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat for Bread, 11-5/8 x 16-1/2 (eG-friendly Amazon.com link). Jo uses this mat to bake bread  Nope!

TdeV

TdeV

Clarity

I have written to Anova to find out what they think/want-to-do about the incompatibility of the probe and the pan on the top rack of the oven. Will let you know. (The perforated pan does not look like it would work any better than the upgraded pan, and, now that I have the items below, I'm unlikely to purchase).

Here is my APO set up to dry strawberries. See Dehydrating foodstuffs with the Anova Precision Oven.

Silpat Silpain Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat for Bread, 11-5/8 x 16-1/2 (eG-friendly Amazon.com link). Jo uses this mat to bake bread.

TdeV

TdeV

I have written to Anova to find out what they think/want-to-do about the incompatibility of the probe and the pan on the rack at the top of the oven. Will let you know. (The perforated pan does not look like it would work any better than the upgraded pan, and, now that I have the items below, I'm unlikely to purchase).

Silpat Silpain Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat for Bread, 11-5/8 x 16-1/2 (eG-friendly Amazon.com link). Jo uses this mat to bake bread.