• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

palo

palo

tried to fix font

BIG!!! to do about the new firmware push over at Anova Culinary Community Forums:

https://community.anovaculinary.com/c/anova-precision-oven/31

Seems the newest firmware push blew up pretty much everyone's oven - over 70 (and counting) unhappy campers - Anova has posted a fix and reverted back to a previous firmware version

At the the moment the only way to prevent a reoccurance is to disconnect from wifi

I asked about that and the response was "Will look into this for you. At this time there is not, short of disconnecting the oven from Wifi"

A further comment was "The last day’s experience clearly shows that this should be your top priority. One should be able to choose if when to download and install new software, What if you’re cooking for a big occasion and the oven starts behaving like it did this time? Probably happened to some people this time. So please, let us choose when to install new software."

Which is obviously the correct response Anova's wasn't

I still stand by all my kudos for this device and see this as just teething problems, but there does seem to be a disconnect between the manufacturer and the user

p

palo

palo

BIG!!! to do about the new firmware push over at Anova Culinary Community Forums:

https://community.anovaculinary.com/c/anova-precision-oven/31

Seems the newest firmware push blew up pretty much everyone's oven - over 70 (and counting) unhappy campers - Anova has posted a fix and reverted back to a previous firmware version

At the the moment the only way to prevent a reoccurance is to disconnect from wifi

I asked about that and the response was "Will look into this for you. At this time there is not, short of disconnecting the oven from Wifi"

A further comment was "The last day’s experience clearly shows that this should be your top priority. One should be able to choose if when to download and install new software, What if you’re cooking for a big occasion and the oven starts behaving like it did this time? Probably happened to some people this time. So please, let us choose when to install new software."

Which is obviously the correct response.

I still stand by all my kudos for this device and see this as just teething problems, but there does seem to be a disconnect between the manufacturer and the user

p