• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

18 hours ago, btbyrd said:

So where did we land on the toast front? The only way I think I'll ever be able to swing one of these is as a bonkers unnecessary upgrade to our toaster oven (which, frankly, isn't very good at making toast in the first place). Toast-making wouldn't be its primary selling virtue, but it would be our only toast maker / bagel toaster. Not that we eat that much toast (or that many bagels). I only know that I don't have room enough for both the Anova AND a standalone toaster...

I like the toast from my APO.  I never was thrilled with CSO toast.  It should be said I don't bake sandwich bread, which probably toasts differently.

APO toast is not dark.  There probably is a way to get darker toast out of the APO, however I am just using the pre-programmed toast recipe.

Let me suggest you could store your toaster in the APO.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

20 minutes ago, btbyrd said:

So where did we land on the toast front? The only way I think I'll ever be able to swing one of these is as a bonkers unnecessary upgrade to our toaster oven (which, frankly, isn't very good at making toast in the first place). Toast-making wouldn't be its primary selling virtue, but it would be our only toast maker / bagel toaster. Not that we eat that much toast (or that many bagels). I only know that I don't have room enough for both the Anova AND a standalone toaster...

I like the toast from my APO.  I never was thrilled with CSO toast.  It should be said I don't bake sandwich bread, which probably toasts differently.

APO toast is not dark.  There probably is a way to get darker toast out of the APO, however I am just using the pre-programmed toast recipe.

Let me suggest you could store your toaster the the APO.