• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

On 8/18/2020 at 1:51 PM, rotuts said:

1/4 sheet pan :   13 x 9.5

1/3d sheet pan: 15.5 x 10.5

I'm just realizing, I've never seen a 1/3 sheet pan.

1/4, 1/2, 1 -- constantly. 1/8, 2/3, 3/4 -- occasionally. But a 1/3? Never.

As for the oven, I suspect some of it is the US using different "standard" pans from everyone else. Once when I was daydreaming about a Miele XXL I was annoyed to realize that the pans it uses *look* like standard steam table pans, but they're sized to international "gastronorm" pans. Which are, of course, almost impossible to get affordably in the US.

The Anova is a custom design, but I bet you it's *based* on an existing oven design, and steam ovens are much more popular outside the US.

dtremit

dtremit

I'm just realizing, I've never seen a 1/3 sheet pan.

As for the oven, I suspect some of it is the US using different "standard" pans from everyone else. Once when I was daydreaming about a Miele XXL I was annoyed to realize that the pans it uses *look* like standard steam table pans, but they're sized to international "gastronorm" pans. Which are, of course, almost impossible to get affordably in the US.

The Anova is a custom design, but I bet you it's *based* on an existing oven design, and they're much more popular in other places.

dtremit

dtremit

I'm just realizing, I've never sen a 1/3 sheet pan.

The Anova is a custom design, but I bet you it's *based* on an existing oven design, and they're much more popular in other places.