• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2016 (Part 3)

blue_dolphin

I had some leftover garlic spinach stuffed boneless chicken legs that I sliced into medallions, reheated with a tomato and pine nut sauce and paired with fried zucchini with spicy ranch dip for breakfast this morning.

IMG_0679.JPGIMG_0678.JPG

Here is the chicken leg I took slices of.

HC

IMG_0682.JPG

• Like 8

image.jpeg

A simple cheddar melt with a generous dusting of Madras curry powder.  

• Like 9

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

3 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

We may need a new thread: The Catfish Chronicles xD

Love it!  

• Like 2

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

image.jpeg

Toasted English muffin with blackcurrant jam. This were a bit of a letdown after I had been swatting up on how to make my own bacon!  Two pieces of pork belly found their way to my house yesterday.  But bacon takes time and this didn't. 

• Like 8

My 2004 eG Blog

18 minutes ago, robirdstx said:

IMG_0115.JPG

Lightly toasted and buttered homemade English muffin

I like the texture of those muffins.  Over the years I've tried making English muffins two or three times, and never got the texture right.  Can you provide the recipe and technique used?  Thanks!

... Shel

55 minutes ago, Shel_B said:

I like the texture of those muffins.  Over the years I've tried making English muffins two or three times, and never got the texture right.  Can you provide the recipe and technique used?  Thanks!

Thanks! I use this recipe:

http://oneperfectbite.blogspot.com/2010/03/homemade-english-muffins-julia-child.html

On 12/20/2016 at 6:06 AM, HungryChris said:

The catfish finds himself on the clean-up committee once again this am, going after some stubborn invisible

leftover stuffed chicken legs.

HC

I had to go back and re-find the original reference to catfish in this context, so I could get the "invisible leftover" reference.  Glad I did. xD

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

12 hours ago, robirdstx said:

IMG_0115.JPG

Lightly toasted and buttered homemade English muffin

where's the toast dope?  Ican send you a small sample of the new batch......

Ohh........ I have the recipe my mom used for English muffin bread.  Will have to drag it out when we get home.  Wonder how it will work with the gf mixture I'm using now.....

will try and report back.

Edited by suzilightning (log)
  • Like 3

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

image.jpeg

Inspired by the fried egg sandwich on page 31 here.

• Like 6

My 2004 eG Blog

last of the hot and sour soup with a bit extra rice vinegar

whole wheat burger bun with some queso and the last of the sloppy joe mix

...and I'm still a bit peckish

• Like 1

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

image.jpeg

Not homemade muffins but at least homemade bread. Must try my hand at muffins again.

• Like 7

My 2004 eG Blog

This was brunch.  Had Ronnie's kids over to do our Christmas.  Venison sausage breakfast casserole, roast beef/pickle roll ups and Knorr veggie dip in a sourdough bowl.  We had mimosas to go with.  I now need a long nap lol.

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

• Like 9

image.jpeg

Christmas colours for Christmas morning.  Lightly dressed salad of tomato, lettuce and jamon Iberico on toasted rye with a (mutilated) poached egg. 

• Like 10

My 2004 eG Blog

53 minutes ago, Anna N said:

image.jpeg

Christmas colours for Christmas morning.  Lightly dressed salad of tomato, lettuce and jamon Iberico on toasted rye with a (mutilated) poached egg. 

Looks delicious, I still don't know what we , 3 of us, are having. Last nights leftovers of little Yukon gold potatoes, and grilled rib eyes may play a part. And eggs, always eggs whenever possible . Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

And this old porch is like a steaming greasy plate of enchiladas,With lots of cheese and onions and a guacamole salad ...This Old Porch...Lyle Lovett