• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

Didn't there used to be a popular thread on eG where you named three ingredients that are incompatible if not revolting together?. For me the Elvis would be at the top of the list: banana, peanut butter and bacon. Nothing appeals no matter how it's combined, two elements or all three. Yech. As my dad would say, with an emphasis on his inability to pronounce anything French, "Chacun a son gout." 

2 hours ago, rotuts said:

The Elvis is not bad at all if you pick the right bread for it.

That's hilarious! The right bread would be a cinnamon raisin bagel. Something else that should be abolished.

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

Didn't there used to be a popular thread on eG where you named three ingredients that are incompatible if not revolting together?. For me the Elvis would be at the top of the list: banana, peanut butter and bacon. Nothing appeals no matter how it's combined, two elements or all three. Yech. As my dad would say, with an emphasis on his inability to pronounce anything French, "Chacun a son gout." 

2 hours ago, rotuts said:

The Elvis is not bad at all if you pick the right bread for it.

That's hilarious!