• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

15 hours ago, HungryChris said:

Well, things that have been in the fridge for more than 4 days, go invisible to Deb, or as I like to put it, get left for the catfish, which would be me. I am always trying to use up these "invisible items" and if I tell Deb that I had "catfish pie" for breakfast or lunch, she knows what I mean, but seldom asks for details.

HC

Thank you.  It is not an expression I am familiar with so I was curious.  I might even adopt it. Catfish pie somehow sounds so much better than cream of crisper soup. 

Anna N

Anna N

Just now, HungryChris said:

Well, things that have been in the fridge for more than 4 days, go invisible to Deb, or as I like to put it, get left for the catfish, which would be me. I am always trying to use up these "invisible items" and if I tell Deb that I had "catfish pie" for breakfast or lunch, she knows what I mean, but seldom asks for details.

HC

Thank you.  It is not an expression I am familiar with so I was curious.  I might even adopt it. Catfish pie somehow sounds so much better than cream as crisper soup.