• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

4 hours ago, liuzhou said:

What is making it red? Tomato?

Yes, this duck was initially a Korean BBQ duck and as a result, the broth was dark. I have found that by adding tomato to this type of broth, as well as to smoked chicken and duck broth, it mellows it out to a pleasant tasting soup. So, I added some of the tomato sauce from my garden tomatoes that I had in the freezer.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

10 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

What is making it red? Tomato?

Yes, this duck was initially a Korean BBQ duck and as a result, the broth was dark. I have found that by adding tomato to this type of broth, as well as to smoked chicken and duck broth, mellows it out to a pleasant tasting soup. So, I added some of the tomato sauce from my garden tomatoes that I had in the freezer.

HC