• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

We had lunch yesterday at the Matunuck Oyster Bar, in Matunuck, RI. I started off with a half dozen (of your biggest oysters), which were not that big at all. Deb had broiled oysters with spinach and garlic butter. The oysters got even smaller under the broiler. This was followed by an order of steamers for Deb and some mussels in wine and herb garlic butter broth, for myself. I took a picture (from our table) of the tide flowing into Ninigret Pond, where the oyster farm is located. We did see a small seal swimming into the pond on the tide. The oyster experience was sort of disappointing so, on the way home, we stopped at my favorite fish market for some bigger ones (you pick them out of the ice yourself) and some steamers, which will be dinner tonight.

HC

Matunuck menu.jpgmatunuck oysters.jpgmatunuck broiled osters.jpgsteamers.jpgsteamed mussels in wine and herb garlic butter broth.jpgtide flowing into ninigret salt ponf.jpg

HungryChris

HungryChris

We had lunch yesterday at the Matunuck Oyster Bar, in Matunuck, RI. I started off with a half dozen (of your biggest oysters), which were not that big at all. Deb had broiled oysters with spinach and garlic butter. The oysters got even smaller under the broiler. This was followed by an order of steamers for Deb and some mussels in wine and herb garlic butter broth. I took a picture (from our table) of the tide flowing into Ninigret Pond, where the oyster farm is located. We did see a small seal swimming into the pond on the tide. The oyster experience was sort of disappointing so, on the way home, we stopped at my favorite fish market for some bigger ones (you pick them out of the ice yourself) and some steamers, which will be dinner tonight.

HC

Matunuck menu.jpgmatunuck oysters.jpgmatunuck broiled osters.jpgsteamers.jpgsteamed mussels in wine and herb garlic butter broth.jpgtide flowing into ninigret salt ponf.jpg