• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Lukewarm soup in the wilderness today but it didn't matter because I saw King of the Arctic! Looked at him and he looked back at me! A tremendous moment for me to be locking eyes with this majestic beast (in his own natural environment no less). Without the glass and steel of the frame of the massive vehicle it would be too uncomfortable. Just the window was between me and the male polar bear! I also saw a super fluffy, super white, super cute arctic hare, a mother bear with 2 cubs, 2 silver foxes, and many ptarmigans. What a wonderful day!

6g9VZGz.jpg

My last lunch in Winnipeg, at the airport, very reluctantly.

kpWI8Kv.jpg

Burgers everywhere

EkiCz88.jpg

My plane to the north.

XuNh8XT.jpg

A couple of minutes before touchdown.

knDaoqB.jpg

Most people got off here, some people waited for another connection. Cool number plate. Check out the (written) native dialect.

KNaS9AR.jpg

Goodbye Rankin Inlet. It was nice seeing you. After about an hour the plane turned around and I went with it. My travel companion and I were the only 2 people to get off at the next destination. The plane went back to Winnipeg.

0xwqOzL.jpg

And this is where I am at the moment. 0C during the day, with on and off (sometimes intense) flurries all day and night.

SMM461J.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Lukewarm soup in the wilderness today. I saw King of the Arctic. Looked at him and he looked back at me! A tremendous moment for me to be locking eyes with this majestic beast (in his own natural environment no less). Without the glass and steel of the frame of the massive vehicle it would be too uncomfortable. Just the window was between me and the male polar bear! I also saw a super fluffy, super white, super cute arctic hare, a mother bear with 2 cubs, 2 silver foxes, and many ptarmigans. What a wonderful day!

6g9VZGz.jpg

kpWI8Kv.jpg

Burgers everywhere

EkiCz88.jpg

My plane to the north.

XuNh8XT.jpg

knDaoqB.jpg

Most people got off here, some people waited for another connection. Cool number plate. Check out the (written) native dialect.

KNaS9AR.jpg

Goodbye Rankin Inlet. It was nice seeing you. After about an hour the plane turned around and I went with it. My travel companion and I were the only 2 people to get off at the next destination. The plane went back to Winnipeg.

0xwqOzL.jpg

And this is where I am at the moment. 0C during the day, with on and off (sometimes intense) flurries all day and night.

SMM461J.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Lukewarm soup in the wilderness today. I saw King of the Arctic. Looked at him and he looked back at me! A tremendous moment for me to be locking eyes with this majestic beast (in his own natural environment no less). Without the glass and steel of the frame of the massive vehicle it would be too uncomfortable. Just the window was between me and the male polar bear! I also saw a super fluffy, super white, super cute arctic hare, a mother bear with 2 cubs, 2 silver foxes, and many ptarmigans. What a wonderful day!

6g9VZGz.jpg

kpWI8Kv.jpg

Burgers everywhere

EkiCz88.jpg

My plane to the north.

XuNh8XT.jpg

knDaoqB.jpg

KNaS9AR.jpg

Goodbye Rankin Inlet. It was nice seeing you. After about an hour the plane turned around and I went with it.

0xwqOzL.jpg

SMM461J.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

kpWI8Kv.jpgkpWI8Kv.jpg

Burgers everywhere

EkiCz88.jpg

My plane to the north.

XuNh8XT.jpg

knDaoqB.jpg

KNaS9AR.jpg

Goodbye Rankin Inlet. It was nice seeing you. After about an hour the plane turned around and I went with it.

0xwqOzL.jpg

SMM461J.jpg