• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

winedoc

winedoc

Hi everyone! I've been doing some research on wine and chocolate pairings. So far I've found a few tasty combinations, but I have some more unusual chocolates to pair with and I was hoping to get some suggestions!

I've been tasting chocolates with various fillings. So far, I've paired orange chocolate with 2015 J. Lohr Bay Mist Monterey County White Riesling, which is slightly sweet with subtle effervescence with notes of fresh pear and orange zest and was bright enough to pair with citrus. I paired smoked sea salt caramel, regular sea salt caramel, and almond toffee with Offley Tawny Port, which had spice and red fruit notes that paired well with buttery toffee and caramel.

Other chocolates I want to pair include coconut, mint, dark, milk, raspberry, peanut butter, and cheesecake. I was thinking of pairing the peanut butter with amontillado sherry, the cheesecake and coconut with a buttery chardonnay, the raspberry with pinot noir, and the milk and dark chocolates with ruby port. 

Any favorite pairings out there? Thanks!

winedoc

winedoc

Hi everyone! I've been doing some research on wine and chocolate pairings. So far I've found a few tasty combinations, but I have some more unusual chocolates to pair with and I was hoping to get some suggestions!

I've been tasting chocolates with various fillings. So far, I've paired orange chocolate with 2015 J. Lohr Bay Mist Monterey County White Riesling, which is slightly sweet with subtle effervescence with notes of fresh pear and orange zest and was bright enough to pair with citrus. I paired smoked seas salt caramel, regular sea salt caramel, and almond toffee with Offley Tawny Port, which had spice and red fruit notes that paired well with buttery toffee and caramel.

Other chocolates I want to pair include coconut, mint, dark, milk, raspberry, peanut butter, and cheesecake. I was thinking of pairing the peanut butter with amontillado sherry, the cheesecake and coconut with a buttery chardonnay, the raspberry with pinot noir, and the milk and dark chocolates with ruby port. 

Any favorite pairings out there? Thanks!