• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How do you say "Otto"

Fat Guy

Planning to go to OTTO for lunch today, I caught up on both threads. Sorry for being Grinchy about the OTTO pronounciation topic. On sober reflection, I can see how it can be relevant, or interesting, at least. To maybe huit of us. :biggrin::biggrin:

Edited by jaybee (log)

Sorry for being Grinchy about the OTTO pronounciation topic. On sober reflection, I can see how it can be relevant, or interesting, at least.

Oh I preferred you not sober :smile: Jaybee, I cannot imagine you ever as being grinchy (whatever that means) and I think you were entirely right in your previous comments. Of course this thread is interesting -- all threads at eGullet are that, even the old OffTopic threads. But your new-made claim that this is relevant (to food) is stretching things a bit far, I think :rolleyes:

Actually, my only criticism of this thread is that it was removed from the womb (of the original Otto thread) by Caesarean rather than natural processes :laugh:

You see, I told you that the disappearance of the Off Topi Forum would not inhibit the range of eGulletarian discussion

But your new-made claim that this is relevant (to food) is stretching things a bit far, I think

Ah, honorable Macrosan-san. Thank you for your felicitous comments.

I humbly point out that I did not intend to stretch the relevance of the thread to food, only that it was "relevant." I see by your parenthetical emendation that you added this stretch-mark to my comment. I intended to leave it to the beholders to determine relevant to what. :biggrin: