• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mellowing in Manitoulin.

Anna N

We met up with @mkayahara in Owen Sound - wandered around Deals Surplus Store  to see what odds and ends we could find. Matt was headed up to Tobermory so it worked out nicely that we were headed down at the same time.

We picked up lots of things - notebooks are one of our favourite things to get there - very inexpensive. One thing I was looking for were some raffle tickets in different colours - the Luxury Chocolate Show is coming up and I do several classes that 35 people can attend. @ChocolateMom helped me out last year and will be again this year - this was her suggestion - which will make it much easier for her to keep track of who's who when they shoe up for the classes. 

Of course I got more little lab bottles - because with thousands already in the house - what's 8 more?

One of my sessions for the Luxury Chocolate show will be on the main stage - "Wrapping it Up - Champagne Packaging on a Beer Budget" - so we kept an eye out for all sorts of inexpensive ideas for that.

• Like 9

The goat cheeses and goat milk sound nice but I think the goat meat is what would have been of most interest to me.

• Like 2

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Just now, Tri2Cook said:

The goat cheeses and goat milk sound nice but I think the goat meat is what would have been of most interest to me.

Anna got some.

• Like 5

On 10/12/2016 at 9:20 PM, blue_dolphin said:

I greatly admire such optimistic spirit - I have difficulty purchasing bananas for next week if they are too green, let alone making a cocktail for next summer!

Well, there's preserving, and there's preserving.

Thanks for the vacation, Anna and Kerry. Always fun to go to Manitoulin.

• Like 4

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com