• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

image.jpeg

Lunch. Still enjoying that gorgeous steak....all of it!  

After lunch  I prepped the beets we bought at the farmers market and they are in the little CSO at 300F steam bake as is apt according to all the experts on that thread.

I also took a pork shoulder roast from the refrigerator and salted it according to the ASM technique ( Arial salting method)  advocated in the book Taste & Technique.  Regrettably there is not a grain of Guatemalan sea salt in this whole town house probably one of the few ingredients we don't have. 

I peeled some of the aforementioned Carisma potatoes and found them to be quite a lot firmer than any supermarket potato, almost like a freshly dug potato.  I plan on giving them a brief sauna in the CSO before roasting them. 

Anna N

Anna N

image.jpeg

Lunch. Still enjoying that gorgeous steak....all of it!  

After lunch  I prepped the beets we bought at the farmers market and they are in the little CSO at 300F steam bake as is apt according to all the experts on that thread.

I also took a pork shoulder roast from the refrigerator and salted it according to the ASM technique ( Ariel salting method)  advocated in the book Taste & Technique.  Regrettably there is not a grain of Guatemalan sea salt in this whole town house probably one of the few ingredients we don't have. 

I peeled some of the aforementioned Carisma potatoes and found them to be quite a lot firmer than any supermarket potato, almost like a freshly dug potato.  I plan on giving them a brief sauna in the CSO before roasting them.