• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Years ago, I cooked and enjoyed a hairy melon dish stuffed with pork, following a recipe from a Chinese friend.  It was similar to this one for Steamed Hairy Gourd Stuffed with Minced Pork and should adapt well to the IP.

Edited to add that my friend's recipe used a mixture of pork and shrimp to stuff the melon and she used the same mixture on green bell pepper squares (I know, I know) and steamed them.

Or, give it to Kerry to turn into a baked good for her rounds:  Hairy Gourd Bread xD

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Years ago, I cooked and enjoyed a hairy melon dish stuffed with pork, following a recipe from a Chinese friend.  It was similar to this one for Steamed Hairy Gourd Stuffed with Minced Pork and should adapt well to the IP.

Edited to add that my friend's recipe used a mixture of pork and shrimp to stuff the melon.

Or, give it to Kerry to turn into a baked good for her rounds:  Hairy Gourd Bread xD