• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to eat dinner in Joplin or Springfield and breakfast in St Louis

cyalexa

I'm driving from Stillwater to St. Louis. I am leaving Thursday afternoon and am spending the night in Joplin or Springfield. Purina is taking care of my meals beginning with dinner Friday (no, not dog food; in fact I hear they put on quite a spread). I'm reading my way through old posts but most are very old. Any new ideas? BTW, taking a different route home to visit friends in Manhattan KS.

• 2 months later...

Sorry I missed this.  I don't hang out here as much as I used to.  Joplin - Eagle Drive In, just up the hill from the freeway at the hospital exit, great burgers.  Couple of local guys who went away to culinary school and returned home.  Another is Instant Karma in old downtown.  Gourmet hot dogs and an interesting craft beer selection.  

In Springfield, there are a lot of intersting dining places in downtown.  Something to not miss here is Askinoise Chocolates,  they are a chocolate maker, they take the product from the raw beans to the finished product.  You might enjoy the Aviary, I think that is how its spelled it is a little french place.  

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

• 2 years later...

Similar route (Stillwater, Springfield/Osage Beach, STL, Manhattan KS, Wichita KS, Stillwater), new request for ideas. I've eaten at Cafe Cusco. Hoping to get into Bulrush while in STL.