• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The cookbooks of fall 2016

Anna N

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my library copy of Chelsea Monroe-Cassel's World of Warcraft.  Many of my favorite recipes!  Though some of the substitutions are hard to swallow:  tilapia in place of deviate fish for Savory Deviate Delight.  Crab is called for in Crunchy Spider Surprise.  Really.  And her chocolate cake for some reason contains chocolate.  Strange.

But the crab cakes and boiled clams recipes are reasonably authentic.  Tonight I ordered a copy for my son...and amazon will send me crabmeat.

Oh, and there is no index.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

On 3/10/2017 at 6:40 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Just received my library copy of Chelsea Monroe-Cassel's World of Warcraft.  Many of my favorite recipes!  Though some of the substitutions are hard to swallow:  tilapia in place of deviate fish for Savory Deviate Delight.  Crab is called for in Crunchy Spider Surprise.  Really.  And her chocolate cake for some reason contains chocolate.  Strange.

But the crab cakes and boiled clams recipes are reasonably authentic.  Tonight I ordered a copy for my son...and amazon will send me crabmeat.

Oh, and there is no index.

Boo on no index! :P

Crabs and spiders belong to the same phylum: arthropoda, so may not be such a wild substitute. Spiders have eight legs and crabs have ten. Crabs taste a lot better too than the daddy long legs spider I accidentally chewed on many years ago while picking blackberries and greedily cramming them into my mouth. Didn't take me long to spit that out! Wow, what a vile taste.

• Like 1

> ^ . . ^ <