• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

chromedome

chromedome

Returning this to the subject of the thread, it occurs to me that my cousin in NS has two massive oak trees, which fill her lawn ankle-deep with acorns each autumn (she fills her municipal green bin with them several times over, while exercising the nether reaches of her vocabulary). I'm pretty sure I can bespeak as many as I want to experiment with.

No idea of their tannin levels, but when you're just playing it doesn't matter if they need longer processing.

chromedome

chromedome

Returning this to the subject of the thread, it occurs to me that my cousin in NS has two massive oak trees, which fill her lawn ankle-deep each autumn (she fills her municipal green bin with them several times over, while exercising the nether reaches of her vocabulary). I'm pretty sure I can bespeak as many as I want to experiment with.

No idea of their tannin levels, but when you're just playing it doesn't matter if they need longer processing.