• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Introduction!

Nauticus

Hi all

Wanted to take a moment to introduce myself! I'm a fairly seasoned home cook, specifically in French, Italian and Greek cuisine. I've been fairly experimental in the kitchen, and I'm just incorporating some modernist elements into my cooking and found that this is a great source. 

I'm from Vancouver, BC and look forward to learning a ton!

• Like 2

Hello, Nauticus!  It sounds like you'll fit right in.  Specific cuisine?  Go for it.  New technology?  Have at it.  Our membership ranges from those who plunge with glee into a new method of cooking to those who carefully advance, one toe after another, into new waters.  :) Either way, we welcome good discussion.

What are some of the modernist elements you've begun incorporating into your cookery?  

If you have any questions about how the forums work, feel free to ask a host...in public, if you're bold, or by the PM (Personal Messenger) system. 

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

A warm welcome from the Okanagan.

The apples are coming!

followed by the pairs.

followed by new release red wine at the Fall Wine Festival....20,000 visitors expected this festival as the reputation of British Columbia wines spreads.

jump in and start participating.  For the most part this is a very accepting forum.