• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sauce/dressing ideas for tri-tip ( Post griilled )

Paul Bacino

I have about 10# pounds of tri -tip I'm cooking. 

I prefer my beef undressed, but want to give people an option to sauce!

I thought Chimmichurri -- rojo and green /  or a spicy sauce   But I   don't have any tried recipes thou.

But open for suggestions and ideas

Thanks

Its good to have Morels

Chimichurri was my first thought. I'm afraid I've just grabbed one recipe, then another and another, thought they were all good and not come up with a favorite.  If you'd like I'll post one of them, but somebody else may have a true favorite they'd like to share.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

For the future:

12 oz Yoshida Gourment Sauce

12 oz  beer like Newcastle Nut Brown Ale

20 or so cloves of garlic

mix and marinate the roast at least 12 hours.

I use this but cut up the tri-tip into 6 oz servings and marinate for 4 hours of so.

• Like 3

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

In the past when I've cooked up a bunch of tri tip for parties, I've provided similar sauces/accompaniments that I'd normally serve with more steaks -

green peppercorn brandy

red wine reduction

compound butters (anchovy, chipotle, rosemary/herb, roasted garlic, etc)

a "diane" style sauce (shallots, mustard, cream, stock)

• Like 1