• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Tri2Cook, you make a good point. The recipe may have turned out well if I had used 4 sliced apples as the original recipe stated, but the directions were unclear as to whether I should use all of them. I opted to used a lot less.  

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Tri2Cook, you make a good point. The recipe may have turned out well if I had used 4 sliced apples as the original recipe stated, but the directions was unclear as to whether I should use all of them. I opted to used a lot less.  

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Tri2Cook, you make a good point. The recipe may have turned out well if I had used 4 sliced apples as the original recipe stated, but it also said I might not need all of them. I just used a lot less.  

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Tri2Cook, that's right. The recipe may have turned out well if I had used the same amount of apples as the original recipe.  It's likely that you are right and the cake would have been ok if I had put in 4 sliced apples instead of less.