Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Shelby

'Tis Hunting Time--A smallish blog

Recommended Posts

"

  • The recipe also says you can keep it  "up to one day." so overnight should be ok.  Never made it so can't vouch for it.  From 'Modernist Cooking At Home' website.

Was your oil from the machine dirty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

"

  • The recipe also says you can keep it  "up to one day." so overnight should be ok.  Never made it so can't vouch for it.  From 'Modernist Cooking At Home' website.

Was your oil from the machine dirty?

Thanks!

 

Yeah, it was time to change it.  I'm glad I looked yesterday.  


Edited by Shelby (log)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pain rum . of decent quality

 

add a pinch of dark brown sugar

 

nice on the oil change

 

so soon ?

 

stop by any time to change mine !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rotuts said:

so soon ?

 

stop by any time to change mine !

I was a bit surprised, too, but it was definitely cloudy/dirty.  I've been keeping track of how many times I've used it (give or take a few) and I'm at about 100.  The instructions said to change it after 200 so I dunno.  But it's all nice and clean and ready to roll now :)

 

I'd be happy to come do yours :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap.  I can't remember when I changed mine...probably at least a year!

IT WAS TIME!  SO A BIG THANKS TO @Shelby

 

DSC02734.thumb.jpg.275e5d432223def73ff00735058e5b6b.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Holy crap.  I can't remember when I changed mine...probably at least a year!

IT WAS TIME!  SO A BIG THANKS TO @Shelby

 

DSC02734.thumb.jpg.275e5d432223def73ff00735058e5b6b.jpg

Glad to help :)  It's hard to remember to do stuff like that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanna be able to say "watermelon patch" o' mine. Lovely bounty.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, heidih said:

I just wanna be able to say "watermelon patch" o' mine. Lovely bounty.

I wish I could do the laugh and thanks button at the same time.

 

I appreciate all of you so much.

 

Ok, I'm off to bed.  

 

I wanted pizza for dinner...but...after today, I didn't have the energy to make dough.  Which is absolutely ridiculous because this salad and soup took way more effort.  BUT it used up some leftover tuna and steak.

 

Fresh tomato soup

IMG_5201.JPG.b28705e495dfe2bc918849cd71a941c6.JPG

 

Salad with leftover steak and some tuna made into tuna salad

 

IMG_5197.jpg.1a54cde607b7a25ccfb4eb3e36571690.jpg

IMG_5200.JPG.4d440ddcc8294463019ddf187bb47af9.JPG

 edited to add.....I made fresh Ranch dressing from seasoning from Penzey's, buttermilk and homemade mayo.  No dipping of pizza was involved.......

 

Good night ya'll and I'll see you tomorrow :) 


Edited by Shelby (log)
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shelby said:

Fresh tomato soup



 I don’t especially like tomato soup or perhaps it’s that it doesn’t especially like me but yours looks quite delicious.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2016 at 1:18 PM, Shelby said:

The guys just stopped in for lunch (yeah, I really jinxed myself lol) .  I didn't take pictures because it was just leftovers from last night.  They brought my camera back with some pictures :)

 

Sunrise in Kansas is always something to see

 

P9220001.JPG

 

 

 

Sunrise in Kansas is why God didn't put mountains here. He knew they'd spoil the view.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good afternoon!  

 

Anyone ready for a nap?

 

Or wine?

 

Or both?

 

I realized I had yet to do my fall drawing on the chalkboard so I quickly scribbled out a pumpkin.  I don't think it would even make it as tacky motel room art. 😂

 

IMG_5204.JPG.7e65524833430cab9fae0737bd251ade.JPG

 

I've got venison chili for lunch in one Instant Pot keeping warm and I've got pork cubed up in the other for enchiladas tonight.

 

IMG_5203.jpg.51ecab8b2a4e8abff0adb2b7ed8fe205.jpg

IMG_5202.JPG.e51bc398bac2473c848728530ea3da99.JPG

 

It's about 60 degrees and a beautiful day :) 


Edited by Shelby (log)
  • Like 15
  • Delicious 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rotuts said:

pumpkin is quite nice Id say

I'll pay you later :laugh:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously your chalkboard pumpkin evokes so much of what I love about the special guys:  character, touchability, cheer. Now I'm craving fritos!


Edited by heidih (log)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shelby said:

Good afternoon!  

 

Anyone ready for a nap?

 

Or wine?

 

Or both?

 

I realized I had yet to do my fall drawing on the chalkboard so I quickly scribbled out a pumpkin.  I don't think it would even make it as tacky motel room art. 😂

 

IMG_5204.JPG.7e65524833430cab9fae0737bd251ade.JPG

 

I've got venison chili for lunch in one Instant Pot keeping warm and I've got pork cubed up in the other for enchiladas tonight.

 

IMG_5203.jpg.51ecab8b2a4e8abff0adb2b7ed8fe205.jpg

IMG_5202.JPG.e51bc398bac2473c848728530ea3da99.JPG

 

It's about 60 degrees and a beautiful day :) 

 

Sooooo......I guess we got our wires crossed.  

 

They stopped and ate lunch before they came home from the airport.

 

Anyone want some chili? :blink:

  • Like 2
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Sooooo......I guess we got our wires crossed.  

 

They stopped and ate lunch before they came home from the airport.

 

Anyone want some chili? :blink:

What were they thinking? I am guessing they weren’t.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anna N said:

What were they thinking? I am guessing they weren’t.

:laugh:

 

Sigh.

 

Oh well.  Lunch will be easy some other day.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the watermelon infused using the info from @Okanagancook and also using @rotuts suggestion of using some brown sugar.  I did a bag of plain, too.

 

IMG_5206.jpg.75e224aeb6944b86b58e6746cb8eabb5.jpg

 

I just love the color of the melon.

 

SV'd turkey breasts are off of the smoker, too.  

 

IMG_5207.JPG.de4c39b2315feb820c0281019af94b98.JPG

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SV'd

 

TB's

 

lightly smoked

 

not to get the TB muscles to contract 

 

and a thing of Joy

 

i won't ask about your SV'd temps

 

as your are busy 

 

But ......................  

 

winter might be comming

 

I sure hope not

 

and well

 

things to discuss

 

when Turkey Breast  Fz go on sale

 

just saying

 

for The Future !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rotuts said:

i won't ask about your SV'd temps

 

as your are busy 

No, no, never too busy :)  .  142.5 F for 6 hours.   Then in the cold smoker at 170 F for about four hours.  Good stuff.

 

This used to be my only Pyrex 2 cup measuring cup.

 

IMG_5208.JPG.570154638abe85a38ea900afd6df2510.JPG

 

I've come to the conclusion that today isn't going to be my day.  🙃

  • Sad 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice

 

once you get some electrical work in Kansas 

 

and a freezer for '' defrosting ' the\

 

delicious   C**ap

 

in Freezer

 

all thing will be

 

Sous Vide True

 

just saionogng

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, heidih said:

@Shelby I was visiting my Mom and was washing dishes with her right there in the kitchen cooking at the stove when I broke her 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup (dropped it in the sink). She told me that she had received it as a wedding gift in 1956. :( To say I felt bad would be an understatement.

I ended up going on eBay and even Etsy and found a vintage Pyrex 2 cup measuring cup. It was the same make and model as the one she had had. I didn't tell her I bought it and just stuck it in her cupboard where she used to keep the original so it would be a surprise. 

Then my oldest idiot brother spilled the beans, so to speak, so there was no surprise. >:( 

She was grateful, nonetheless.

 

I hope your day goes better! (Besides, you know the chili will only taste better once you freeze it and you get it out again to eat it).

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Toliver said:

@Shelby I was visiting my Mom and was washing dishes with her right there in the kitchen cooking at the stove when I broke her 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup (dropped it in the sink). She told me that she had received it as a wedding gift in 1956. :( To say I felt bad would be an understatement.

I ended up going on eBay and even Etsy and found a vintage Pyrex 2 cup measuring cup. It was the same make and model as the one she had had. I didn't tell her I bought it and just stuck it in her cupboard where she used to keep the original so it would be a surprise. 

Then my oldest idiot brother spilled the beans, so to speak, so there was no surprise. >:( 

She was grateful, nonetheless.

 

I hope your day goes better! (Besides, you know the chili will only taste better once you freeze it and you get it out again to eat it).

Oh man.  You are a good daughter :) .  

 

This all ties in together...I was removing the InstantPot that held the chili and the handle hit the Pyrex sending it crashing to the floor ( my floor is very unforgiving...you drop, it breaks lol)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×