• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

I might have purchased a dove for six dollars back in the day. It was not a sober decision. It was the type of place where you pick out your poultry and they slaughter it for you but I just wanted a dove. I named it Dovely Lovely. They put it in a box with feed. I took it to a bar on a busy Friday night. It caused quite the distraction. 
   Even in my inebriated state, once we went back to my then boyfriends place and he tried to insist it could live in his garage I refused. I tried to let it go but it didn’t move very far.

Definitely NOT my best decision or moment but yea, for a few hours I was the somewhat abashed owner of a dove. 

My twenties are full of crazy stories.

I have never eaten dove although yours look delicious Shelby. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

I might have purchased a dove for six dollars back in the day. It was not a sober decision. It was the type of place where you pick out your poultry and they slaughter it for you but I just wanted a dove. I named it Dovely Lovely. They put it in a box with feed. I took it to a bar on a busy Friday night. It caused quite the distraction. 
   Even in my inebriated state, once we went back to my then boyfriends place and he tried to insist it could live in his garage I refused. I tried to let it go but it didn’t move very far.

Definitely NOT my best decision or moment but yea, for a few hours I was the somewhat abashed owner or a dove. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

I might have purchased a dove for six dollars back in the day. It was not a sober decision. It was the type of place where you pick out your poultry and the slaughter it for you but I just wanted a dove. I named it Dovely Lovely. They put it in a box with feed. I took it to a bar on a busy Friday night. It caused quite the distraction. 

Definitely NOT my best decision or moment but yea, for a few hours I was the somewhat abashed owner or a dove.