• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

added story

@Shelby  Was the Keep Warm led still illuminated?   I wasn't aware the Keep Warm temp could be changed but I know the Keep Warm time can be.   The default Keep Warm time on my IP is 10 hours.   Is it possible yours was set for minutes?   

BTW, I've had this exact same scenario with an inherited Crock Pot.  Chicken soup on low, stupid pot was old and temp control failing.  Sour soup hours later.  Kept the soup warm enough for the bacteria to love it.  Cooking Disaster.

Warming

Pressing the “Keep-Warm/Cancel” key in the standby state activates the “Keep Warm” function. You can use “+” and “-“ to change the time between 10 minutes and 99 hours and 50 minutes. When “Keep Warm” function starts, the time counts up by minutes. The "Keep Warm" function can be used with or without the lid closed. You can also use an optional glass lid for this function. When it finishes, the cooker beeps and goes to standby state.

lemniscate

lemniscate

@Shelby  Was the Keep Warm led still illuminated?   I wasn't aware the Keep Warm temp could be changed but I know the Keep Warm time can be.   The default Keep Warm time on my IP is 10 hours.   Is it possible yours was set for minutes?   

Warming

Pressing the “Keep-Warm/Cancel” key in the standby state activates the “Keep Warm” function. You can use “+” and “-“ to change the time between 10 minutes and 99 hours and 50 minutes. When “Keep Warm” function starts, the time counts up by minutes. The "Keep Warm" function can be used with or without the lid closed. You can also use an optional glass lid for this function. When it finishes, the cooker beeps and goes to standby state.