• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shelby

Shelby

12 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@Shelby 

I have a pretty good idea

thanks to your pics 

of what the backstap is.

are there '' shoulders ""   ,  ""  Brisket - ish ""

thanks 

Yes, there are shoulders.  But you would not want to do a brisket type anything.  We make a few roasts--meaning pressure cooked or in the slow cooker--with the shoulders.  Again, there is no fat at all running through the meat so it's dry dry dry.  Now, I will say that @andiesenjitold me years ago about threading fat through venison using a needle type utensil.  I've always wanted to do it, but haven't yet.

Shelby

Shelby

5 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@Shelby 

I have a pretty good idea

thanks to your pics 

of what the backstap is.

are there '' shoulders ""   ,  ""  Brisket - ish ""

thanks 

Yes, there are shoulders.  But you would not want to do a brisket type anything.  We make a few roasts--meaning pressure cooked--with the shoulders.  Again, there is no fat at all running through the meat so it's dry dry dry.  Now, I will say that @andiesenjitold me years ago about threading fat through venison using a needle type utensil.  I've always wanted to do it, but haven't yet.