• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BeeZee

BeeZee

I work with a couple of hunters. One of them bow hunts pretty much exclusively and doesn’t need to buy meat most of the year since he has enough venison in the freezer. One of the other guys is Native American and always uses the word “harvest” for his hunting results. I can only bring myself to fish, but have no issue with people hunting warm blooded animals for food when you respect the process.

BeeZee

BeeZee

I work with a couple of hunters. One of them bow hunts pretty much exclusively and doesn’t need to buy meat most of the year since he has enough venison in the freezer. One of the other guys is Native American and always uses the word “harvest” for his hunting results. I can only bring myself to fish, but have no issue with hunting warm blooded animals for food when you respect the process.