• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Arey

Arey

Courtesy of Google-Apparently the restaurant didn't have any prices, you paid what you thought the meal was worth.  I wouldn't mind eating in a restaurant where you paid what you thought the meal was worth, although if I really hated the meal would they give me money?  As for menus without prices, I'd be too fretful about what the bill might be and too busy surreptitiously checking my wallet to really enjoy the meal.

Arey

Arey

Courtesy of Google-Apparently the restaurant didn't have any prices, you paid what you thought the meal was worth.  I wouldn't mind eating in a restaurant where you paid what you thought the meal was worth, although if I really hated the meal would they give me money?  As for menus without prices, I'd be too fretful about that the bill might be and too busy surreptitiously checking my wallet to really enjoy the meal.