• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Here is a loaf of cheese bread I made today using @Anna N's recipe she linked to above.  I made the dough in the bread machine and added the cheese when the "add add-ins" buzzer sounded.  When I did that, I knew I was going against Anna's instruction to knead the cheese cubes in by hand but I decided that I wanted to know what effect it would have.  As you can see, the warmth of the machine softened the cheese to the point where it pretty much blended it in.  The bread is delicious, very, very cheesy.  We have both had several slices and John declared it was one of the best loaves of bread he has ever had.  I can't wait to try it toasted.  Next time, though, I'm going to make the dough in the bread machine and then knead the cheese in by hand.  It will be interesting to see how they compare.  Oh, I used an aged supermarket cheddar, Kraft I think.

20191118_140923.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Here is a loaf if cheese bread I made today using @Anna N's recipe she linked to above.  I made the dough in the bread machine and added the cheese when the "add add-ins" buzzer sounded.  When I did that, I knew I was going against Anna's instruction to knead the cheese cubes in by hand but I decided that I wanted to know what effect it would have.  As you can see, the warmth of the machine softened the cheese to the point where it pretty much blended it in.  The bread is delicious, very, very cheesy.  We have both had several slices and John declared it was one of the best loaves of bread he has ever had.  I can't wait to try it toasted.  Next time, though, I'm going to make the dough in the bread machine and then knead the cheese in by hand.  It will be interesting to see how they compare.  Oh, I used an aged supermarket cheddar, Kraft I think.

20191118_140923.jpg