• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

1 hour ago, teonzo said:

Freeze it with no fear. I froze lots of croissants and other viennoiseries at home, with my old chest freezer (25 years old), never got any troubles.

If making dough exclusively for the freezer, you can always add some extra yeast to compensate for the freezer loss.

I think the wrinkle here is splitting a batch between fresh baked and frozen -- they'll both work, but they'll rise differently.

dtremit

dtremit

1 hour ago, teonzo said:

Freeze it with no fear. I froze lots of croissants and other viennoiseries at home, with my old chest freezer (25 years old), never got any troubles.

If making dough exclusively for the freezer, you can always add some extra yeast to compensate for the freezer loss.

I think the challenge is splitting a batch between fresh baked and frozen -- they'll both work, but they'll rise differently.