• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

55 minutes ago, Franci said:

@Ann_T you have magical hands! Beautiful! As Kerry, I am also curious about your impression on the results. 

@Franci  , @Kerry Beal I don't think the dough was much different.    I checked out a number of recipes on line both in English and translated a few from Italian

and most seemed to be a higher hydration than what I normally use and more yeast as well.   And I don't usually add oil to the dough I use for baguettes and pizza.

I mixed up a 1000g of flour at 80% hydration with 7g of yeast and 27g of salt and I added some olive oil.  (a glug).  The dough spent about 6 hours in the fridge.

It was easy to work with and spread out easy.  Baking in an oiled pan contributed to that wonderful crust that had a crackle when bit into.     

I divided the dough into thirds so I still have a piece that I put back into the fridge.   Each pizza was 600 g.    Matthew loved his potato pizza.

And of the three toppings on ours, Moe really liked the one with the tomatoes and my favourite was the mushroom. 

I'm interested in seeing how different the piece of dough still in the fridge will be when baked.  

Ann_T

Ann_T

43 minutes ago, Franci said:

@Ann_T you have magical hands! Beautiful! As Kerry, I am also curious about your impression on the results. 

@Franci  , I don't think the dough was much different.    I checked out a number of recipes on line both in English and translated a few from Italian

and most seemed to be a higher hydration than what I normally use and more yeast as well.   And I don't usually add oil to the dough I use for baguettes and pizza.

I mixed up a 1000g of flour at 80% hydration with 7g of yeast and 27g of salt and I added some olive oil.  (a glug).  The dough spent about 6 hours in the fridge.

It was easy to work with and spread out easy.  Baking in an oiled pan contributed to that wonderful crust that had a crackle when bit into.     

I divided the dough into thirds so I still have a piece that I put back into the fridge.   Each pizza was 600 g.    Matthew loved his potato pizza.

And of the three toppings on ours, Moe really liked the one with the tomatoes and my favourite was the mushroom. 

I'm interested in seeing how different the piece of dough still in the fridge will be when baked.