• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ptw1953

ptw1953

These are my Scottish morning rolls.

Most Scots will know them, and will have eaten them at some point in their lives. Filled with anything, from cheese to Link sausage, they are a good eat.

Tonight, my wife and I will have a couple of rolls filled with Bramley apple and honey pork sausages that I made a couple of months ago; they are fully defrosted, and ready to be cooked. The sausages will be topped with confit onions, and a drizzle of HP sauce. Heaven!

Any sausages left will be let to cool, and consumed, in front of the telly; by being dipped into the Aoli that I am about to make.

Sometimes, the basic foods are the best...

(they are all 85g, except for the one i have opened...)

Scottish morning rolls 4....jpg

Scottish morning rolls 1....jpg

Scottish morning rolls 2....jpg

Scottish morning rolls 3....jpg

Scottish morning rolls 5....jpg

ptw1953

ptw1953

These are my Scottish morning rolls.

Most Scots will know them, and will have eaten them at some point in their lives. Filled with anything, from cheese to Link sausage, they are a good eat.

Tonight, my wife and I will have a couple of rolls filled with Bramley apple and honey pork sausages that I made a couple of months ago; they are fully defrosted, and ready to be cooked. The sausages will be topped with confit onions, and a drizzle of HP sauce. Heaven!

Any sausages left will be let to cool, and consumed, in front of the telly; by being dipped into the Aoli that I am about to make.

Sometimes, the basic foods are the best...

Scottish morning rolls 4....jpg

Scottish morning rolls 1....jpg

Scottish morning rolls 2....jpg

Scottish morning rolls 3....jpg

Scottish morning rolls 5....jpg