• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

@JoNorvelleWalker   I don't know how long the steam function is operating before switching to just bake, all I know is that I've tried the various options and for me, the Bread setting does the best job.   I'm wondering if because the oven is so, so small that

eight minutes of constant steam is sufficient.   It is about a third of the full baking time.   

@BetD, a follow up on your question about oven temperatures.   I bought a small oven thermometer this week and tested the temperature settings in the Oster.  I tested first on regular bake and it was quite accurate at all the settings.

The last temperature I tested was 450°F on the turbo convection setting and the temperature got up to 500°F which is what I was hoping for.  That is the setting I have been using the most for when I bake bread in the Oster. 

I haven't tried testing the temperatures in the CSO yet.  Maybe I'll try that this week.

Ann_T

Ann_T

@JoNorvelleWalker   I don't know how long the steam funciton is operating before switching to just bake, all I know is that I've tried the various options and for me, the Bread setting does the best job.   I'm wondering if because the oven is so, so small that

eight minutes of constant steam is sufficient.   It is about a third of the full baking time.   

@BetD, a follow up on your question about oven temperatures.   I bought a small oven thermometer this week and tested the temperature settings in the Oster.  I tested first on regular bake and it was quite accurate at all the settings.

The last temperature I tested was 450°F on the turbo convection setting and the temperature got up to 500°F which is what I was hoping for.  That is the setting I have been using the most for when I bake bread in the Oster. 

I haven't tried testing the temperatures in the CSO yet.  Maybe I'll try that this week.