• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

On 11/8/2017 at 2:35 PM, Kerry Beal said:

It's the round loaves that I adored (as well as the pullman of course). I found ganged pan of 4 round loaves about 30 years ago and made my interpretation of the National Bakery's onion breads and cheese breads in them a number of times. First time I didn't know to weigh out the dough - took a bit of soaking to get those loaves out.

Like these.

I've had this pipe tin on ebay for awhile. Have received several inquires (some extremely odd) but only very low "offers" which I declined.  

I used it when I was catering for bread and cakes (sponge cake).  

I never had any trouble with loaves sticking - I used the Vegalene Food Release Spray or the Bak-klene - purchased at Smart & Final.  

I used to put on a mask to spray it but now Vegalene has an "Allergen-Free" release spray. 

Pipe tin pan 1.JPG

Pipe tin pan 2.JPG

andiesenji

andiesenji

On 11/8/2017 at 2:35 PM, Kerry Beal said:

It's the round loaves that I adored (as well as the pullman of course). I found ganged pan of 4 round loaves about 30 years ago and made my interpretation of the National Bakery's onion breads and cheese breads in them a number of times. First time I didn't know to weigh out the dough - took a bit of soaking to get those loaves out.

Like these.

I've had this pipe tin on ebay for awhile. Have received several inquires (some extremely odd) but only very low "offers" which I declined.  

I used it when I was catering for bread and cakes (pound cake).  

I never had any trouble with loaves sticking - I used the Vegalene Food Release Spray or the Bak-klene - purchased at Smart & Final.  

I used to put on a mask to spray it but now Vegalene has an "Allergen-Free" release spray. 

Pipe tin pan 1.JPG

Pipe tin pan 2.JPG