• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

patris

patris

51 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Never occurred to me to bake it in pans!   I just might have to give that a try. I am assuming you used the full recipe and 9 x 5 pans? 

Correct. Although I love the Dutch oven version, it is nice to confirm that loaf pans are a good option as well. The crust is not nearly so robust, but I imagine it will make a lovely tomato and mayo sandwich later today.

edited to add additional info: I prepared the dough early Saturday morning, with all three folds done by 8:30 am. The dough hung out in the bucket until about 8 pm, when I divided and shaped and tucked the pans into the fridge for the night. Out of the fridge around 6 this morning, into the oven around 7:15.

patris

patris

45 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Never occurred to me to bake it in pans!   I just might have to give that a try. I am assuming you used the full recipe and 9 x 5 pans? 

Correct. Although I love the Dutch oven version, it is nice to confirm that loaf pans are a good option as well. The crust is not nearly so robust, but I imagine it will make a lovely tomato and mayo sandwich later today.