• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

corrects a typo.

A friend posted this recipe and I filed it away to give it a try.  I had some problems but it still turned out pretty well.  First the recipe ingredients listed 3 eggs so I put them in and later realized that I was supposed to put 2 in the bread and save the third for a glaze.  Naturally I needed to add more flour to get it to proper consistency.  Then about 20 minutes before shaping it, my son needed to take the cat to the vet.  I went with him but put the bread in the refrigerator before we left. I figured we'd be gone for half an hour, maybe a little more.  Turned out it was almost 3 hours before we got back.  The cat is fine BTW.  So then it took a little longer for the bread to rise in the bread pans and longer to bake because of the larger mass of the two loaves. The crust is a little darker that it should be because it took a little longer to bake.   It's called milk bread and the recipe is here:    https://food52.com/recipes/39343-kindred-s-milk-bread  I promise it will look better the next time I make it.

20170623_182151.jpg

20170623_192146.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

corrects a typo.

A friend posted this recipe and I filed it away to give it a try.  I had some problems but it still turned out pretty well.  First the recipe ingredients listed 3 eggs so I put them in and later realized that I was supposed to put 2 in the bread and save the third for a glaze.  Naturally I needed to add more flour to get it to proper consistency.  Then about 20 minutes before shaping it, my son needed to take the cat to the vet.  I went with him but put the bread in the refrigerator before we left. I figured we'd be gone for half an hour, maybe a little more.  Turned out it was almost 3 hours before we got back.  The cat is fine BTW.  So then it took a little longer for the bread to rise in the bread pans and longer to bake because of the larger mass of the two loaves. The crust is a little darker that it should be because it took a little longer to bake.   It's called milk bread and the recipe is here:    https://food52.com/recipes/39343-kindred-s-milk-bread  I promise it will look better the next time I make it.

20170623_182151.jpg

20170623_183748.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

A friend posted this recipe and I filed it away to give it a try.  I had some problems but it still turned out pretty well.  First the recipe ingredients listed 3 eggs so I put them in and later realized that I was supposed to put 2 in the bread and save the third for a glaze.  Naturally I needed to add more flour to get it to proper consistency.  Then about 20 minutes before shaping it, my son needed to take the cat to the vet.  I went with him but put the bread in the refrigerator before we left. I figured we'd be gone for half an hour, maybe a little more.  Turned out it was almost 3 hours before we got back.  The cat is find BTW.  So then it took a little longer for the bread to rise in the bread pans and longer to bake because of the larger mass of the two loaves. The crust is a little darker that it should be because it took a little longer to bake.   It's called milk bread and the recipe is here:    https://food52.com/recipes/39343-kindred-s-milk-bread  I promise it will look better the next time I make it.

20170623_182151.jpg

20170623_183748.jpg