• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

PatrickT

PatrickT

4 hours ago, Ann_T said:

I think this was the most bread I've baked in one day. 

That is quite a beautiful haul! 😍 Lucky friends. 

Thanks for your comments on my most recent bake. Not my favorite, but it was a great experiment!

Baked two loaves this morning - a plain sourdough and a crazy loaf made with bread, whole wheat and rye flours, caraway seeds, thyme, molasses, quark cheese and Guinness beer in place of the water. Quite the aroma while baking! I'll post crumb shots and results of the taste test later today.

EDIT: Crumb shot for Guinness loaf added. Flavor is insanely good! I've also added the recipe below, in case anyone would like to try it. 

IMG_2371.jpeg

IMG_2375.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 12.40.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 12.40.25 PM.png

PatrickT

PatrickT

21 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

I think this was the most bread I've baked in one day. 

That is quite a beautiful haul! 😍 Lucky friends. 

Thanks for your comments on my most recent bake. Not my favorite, but it was a great experiment!

Baked two loaves this morning - a plain sourdough and a crazy loaf made with bread, whole wheat and rye flours, caraway seeds, thyme, molasses, quark cheese and Guinness beer in place of the water. Quite the aroma while baking! I'll post crumb shots and results of the taste test later today.

IMG_2371.jpeg

IMG_2375.jpeg