• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

potato flakes

Another big pan de mie sandwich loaf.   Sourdough, but also with some super ripe kefir added.   A mix of KA bread flour, Glick's high gluten and some white rye.   Dough was from Saturday, baked last night.   Didn't get a high as the last loaf but plenty of real estate for sandwich or toast.  My tangiest sourdough yet.   Also, the $2 1960's electric knife from the local garage sale is my new favorite bread knife.

edit:  There was maybe 1/4 cup of potato flakes added too.  I forgot.

IMG_1291.jpg

lemniscate

lemniscate

Another big pan de mie sandwich loaf.   Sourdough, but also with some super ripe kefir added.   A mix of KA bread flour, Glick's high gluten and some white rye.   Dough was from Saturday, baked last night.   Didn't get a high as the last loaf but plenty of real estate for sandwich or toast.  My tangiest sourdough yet.   Also, the $2 1960's electric knife from the local garage sale is my new favorite bread knife.

IMG_1291.jpg