• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

PatrickT

PatrickT

Today's loaf and crumb, after 48 hrs in the fridge. Not quite as much oven spring as yesterday's bake. Might be a tad over-proofed - or possibly the result of the new Lodge Combo Cooker I used for this loaf. Interestingly, it did seem to produce a bit more color. My normal DO is just a large Le Creuset pot, which is much deeper than the Lodge. Perhaps the shallower top reflects more heat back to the loaf while it's covered? Either way, the crumb looks good to me and it was absolutely delicious! Had it with stuffed red and yellow sweet peppers from our garden allotment. 😋

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_0124.jpeg

IMG_0125.jpeg

PatrickT

PatrickT

Today's loaf and crumb, after 48 hrs in the fridge. Not quite as much oven spring as yesterday's bake. Might be a tad over-proofed - or possibly the result of the new Lodge Combo Cooker DO I used for this loaf. Interestingly, it did seem to produce a bit more color. My normal DO is just a large Le Creuset pot, which is much deeper than the Lodge. Perhaps the shallower top reflects more heat back to the loaf while it's covered? Either way, the crumb looks good to me and it was absolutely delicious! Had it with stuffed red and yellow sweet peppers from our garden allotment. 😋

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_0124.jpeg

IMG_0125.jpeg

PatrickT

PatrickT

Today's loaf and crumb, after 48 hrs in the fridge. Not quite as much oven spring as yesterday's bake. Might be a tad over-proofed - or possibly a result of the new Lodge Combo Cooker DO I used for this loaf. Interestingly, it did seem to produce a bit more color. My normal DO is just a large Le Creuset pot, which is much deeper than the Lodge. Perhaps the shallower top reflects more heat back to the loaf while it's covered? Either way, the crumb looks good to me and it was absolutely delicious! Had it with stuffed red and yellow sweet peppers from our garden allotment. 😋

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_0124.jpeg

IMG_0125.jpeg