• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

On 5/14/2022 at 10:32 AM, lindag said:

Nice.  I never had any luck with bread baking when I had a CSO, loaves over-browned on top even if I added a foil cover.  Now I either bake in my Zo or in my F. Blumlein steam oven.

I had the problem, too, the first couple of times that I tried to make bread in the CSO.  The first time, I really think that I had neglected to put the rack all the way on the bottom slot.  Not sure what the trick was this time - I didn't even have to cover with foil this time.  I might possibly be this recipe?  The other times that I had bad luck, I think I was using the ATK recipe.  

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

On 5/14/2022 at 10:32 AM, lindag said:

Nice.  I never had any luck with bread baking when I had a CSO, loaves over-browned on top even if I added a foil cover.  Now I either bake in my Zo or in my F. Blumlein steam oven.

I had the problem, too, the first couple of times that I tried to make bread in the CSO.  The first time, I really think that I had neglected to put the rack all the way on the bottom slot.  Not sure what the trick was this time - I didn't even have to cover with foil this time.