• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

many small mistakes corrected.

I found a great deal (to me) on White Lily flour thru Amazon Fresh and bought a lot.

I decided to try out biscuits with it using the ATK Absolute Easiest Biscuits Ever technique.  I had whipping cream, I had to make baking powder using cream of tartar and baking soda.  I also can't leave well enough alone and added some pulverized leftovers of hard cheeses, freeze dried chives and black pepper to them.  It was easy, drop biscuit dough with a formed biscuit look.  I think it needs a touch more salt though for my taste.   They are very tender but hold together when applying butter, thank goodness.

Someone regifted me a quick beer bread pre-pack for Christmas.  "Sourdough" flavor, you add the beer (and shredded cheese).  I add half a good beer (I drank the other half) and some club soda to make up the 12 oz.   I used all my cheese in the biscuits, so I add a bit of yogurt instead.  And threw some everything bagel seasoning in the batter.   I am skeptical of this type of product.  I tried it, no discernible sourdough taste, good beer taste, but the everything seasoning sure shines though.  I have no history with quick breads, but with that seasoning mix, I'm in. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 11.47.53 AM.png

lemniscate

lemniscate

I found a great deal (to me) on White Lily flour thru Amazon Fresh and bought a lot.

I decided to try out biscuits with it using the ATK Absolute Easiest Biscuits Ever technique.  I had whipping cream, I had to make baking powder using cream of tartar and baking soda.  I also can't leave well enough alone and added some pulverized leftovers of hard cheeses, freeze dried chives and black pepper to them.  It was easy, drop biscuit dough with a formed biscuit look.  I think it needs a touch more salt though for my taste.   They are very tender but hold together when applying butter, thank goodness.

Someone regifted me a quick beer bread pre-pack for Christmas.  "Sourdough" flavor, you add the beer (and shredded cheese).  I add half a good beer (I drank the other half) and some club soda to make up the 12 oz.   I used all my cheese in the biscuits, so I add a bit of yogurt instead.  And threw come everything bagel seasoning in the batter.   I am skeptical of this type of product.  I tried it, no discernible sourdough taste, good beer taste, but the everything seasoning sure shines though.  I have no history with quick breads, but with that seasoning mix, I'm in. 

lemniscate

lemniscate

I found a great deal (to me) on White Lily flour thru Amazon Fresh and bought s lot.

Someone regifted me a quick beer bread pre-pack for Christmas.  "Sourdough" flavor, you add the beer (and shredded cheese).  I add half a good beer (I drank the other half) and some club soda to make up the 12 oz.   I used all my cheese in the biscuits, so I add a bit of yogurt instead.  And threw come everything bagel seasoning in the batter.   I am skeptical of this type of product.  I tried it, no discernible sourdough taste, good beer taste, but the everything seasoning sure shines though.  I have no history with quick breads, but with that seasoning mix, I'm in.