• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

First try at gluten-free sandwich bread, per ATK's How Can It Be Gluten Free?  It was acceptable. I thought it was going to be leaden, but it baked up lighter than I expected.

20201231_172851.thumb.jpg.a78fb71b583675709d09ea7a9ad828be.jpg

I was a bit surprised by the almost whole-wheat appearance. Not sure if that's from the psyllium husk or from the oat flour. The bulk of the flour was King Arthur GF flour, a blend of white rice, brown rice, potato starch and tapioca flours.

kayb

kayb

First try at gluten-free sandwich bread, per ATK's How Can It Be Gluten Free?  It was acceptable. I thought it was going to be leaden, but it baked up lighter than I expected.

20201231_172851.thumb.jpg.a78fb71b583675709d09ea7a9ad828be.jpg

I was a bit surprised by the almost whole-wheat appearance. Not sure if that's from the psyllium husk or from the oat flour. The bulk of the flour was King Arthur GF flour, a blend of white rice, brown rice, potato starch and tapioca flours.