• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

curls

curls

9 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Modernist Bread has a lengthy dissertation on crumpets vs. English muffins.  Not to mention recipes. I have assayed neither crumpets nor English muffins, though they are on my list to do.

Alas I do not have a copy of Modernist Bread but I am glad to know that they cover this topic. 

I did find this article but don’t know if we should consider Bake magazine to be an authoritative source... https://www.bakefromscratch.com/crumpets-vs-english-muffins/

curls

curls

8 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Modernist Bread has a lengthy dissertation on crumpets vs. English muffins.  Not to mention recipes. I have assayed neither crumpets nor English muffins, though they are on my list to do.

Alas I do not have a copy of Modernist Bread but I am glad to know that they cover this topic.