• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

I never add sugar to breads unless it is suppose to be a sweet style loaf.

And the crusts brown and I get good colour on my toast.  I'd really be  upset if my toast didn't brown. I like a well toasted "toast".

I roasted a chicken on Friday just so we could have hot chicken sandwiches for dinner last night. I needed plain white bread for the sandwiches and rather 

than stop at the grocery store on my way to work, I baked a batch of home-style white. 

743424118_Home-StyleWhiteApril4th2020.thumb.jpg.2affe8c76a2940410b7f00b031f3ff4e.jpg

Came out of the oven just before I had to leave for work.

1167792047_Home-StyleWhiteApril4th20201.thumb.jpg.7fb3b3741a5925cb6dd7fcf33ecc3c56.jpg

Ann_T

Ann_T

I never add sugar to breads unless it is suppose to be a sweet style loaf.

And the crusts brown and I get good colour on my toast.  I'd really be  upset if my toast didn't brown. I like a well toasted "toast".

I roasted a chicken on Friday just so we could have hot chicken sandwiches for dinner last night. I needed plain white bread for the sandwiches and rather 

than stop at the grocery store on my way to work, I baked a batch of home-style white. 

743424118_Home-StyleWhiteApril4th2020.thumb.jpg.2affe8c76a2940410b7f00b031f3ff4e.jpg

Came out of the oven just before I had to leave for work.