• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

36 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Absolutely agree.    I was speaking to lindag's response which is not unusual with complicated procedures.    IMHO it is better to modify a recipe to reflect one's time and temperament.although creating a less suave product than to avoid attempting it at all.   Just my MO.    

Oh, totally. 99% sure I'd just make my normal white bread recipe and just use the herb oil.

I was just surprised to see a recipe using potato in that way.

ETA: I could see it being interesting for a different flavor profile like a potato, bacon, cheddar, and scallion loaf.

dtremit

dtremit

33 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Absolutely agree.    I was speaking to lindag's response which is not unusual with complicated procedures.    IMHO it is better to modify a recipe to reflect one's time and temperament.although creating a less suave product than to avoid attempting it at all.   Just my MO.    

Oh, totally. 99% sure I'd just make my normal white bread recipe and just use the herb oil. I was just surprised to see a recipe using potato in that way.