• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nemesis034

Nemesis034

23 minutes ago, Franci said:

Sure! So,  just to recap, he does mix roughly flour, salt, oil and water, let rest 30 minutes. Then goes in the yeast and flaps and folds for 3 times with 15 minutes intervals in the fridge,  at the 4th flap and fold the dough rests for 2 hours. Doesn’t specify if in the fridge or not. Then divide the dough, shape it, oil it and let rise from 1 to to 2 hours. Here he gives a tip for pine nuts. Soak them for at least 2 hours if you don’t want to burn them in the oven, dust with sugar. It can be substituted with almonds for a cheaper option.  The liquid at the end is anise liquor. I’ve seen some people even light it to flambé the coca. 

Thank you kindly Franci.

I will definately give this a try.

Nemesis034

Nemesis034

22 minutes ago, Franci said:

Sure! So,  just to recap, he does mix roughly flour, salt, oil and water, let rest 30 minutes. Then goes in the yeast and flaps and folds for 3 times with 15 minutes intervals in the fridge,  at the 4th flap and fold the dough rests for 2 hours. Doesn’t specify if in the fridge or not. Then divide the dough, shape it, oil it and let rise from 1 to to 2 hours. Here he gives a tip for pine nuts. Soak them for at least 2 hours if you don’t want to burn them in the oven, dust with sugar. It can be substituted with almonds for a cheaper option.  The liquid at the end is anise liquor. I’ve seen some people even light it to flambé the coca. 

Thank you kindly Franci.

I will definately gie this a try.